Hours of Operation
It has been brought to our attention that there have been incidents of the dumping of debris along our municipal roadways. If anyone has any information or knows who has done this, please call the Municipal Office at (807) 487-2354.
Presentation of Waste Disposal Cards are required to use the Municipal Dumps, and are to be shown to the Waste Disposal Attendant or Supervisor before dumping any debris at the Municipal Landfill Sites. Cards were provided to all land owners in their 2015 Interim Tax Bill.
|Monday||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||CLOSED|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||CLOSED|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||CLOSED|
|Friday||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
CLOSED ON STATUTORY HOLIDAY!
Sorting Requirements for Shenston Landfill Site
Garbage needs to be separated into these following categories:
* Propane Tanks
* Household garbage
* Cement – cement blocks, large chunks of broken cement
* All household furniture i.e.: treated, painted, stained or upholstered furniture
* Plywood - OSB, press board, MDF board (anything that contains a glue product)
* Treated Construction Lumber – 2x4’s etc
* EMPTYpaint cans, aerosol cans
* EMPTY oil containers
* Clean wood – tree branches, brush, limbs and leaves
* Construction wood – non treated
* Wood Pallets
* Wood crates
* All Metals
* Vehicles and all their metal parts
* Air Conditioners – including portable, central air units – must be tagged by a qualified technician.
* Freezers, Refrigerators – must be tagged by a qualified technician.
* Propane tanks must be completely empty and put in a separate area beside the metal pile.
* Page wire, barbed wire, cables to be rolled and put in a separate area beside the metal pile.
* Ash must be cold – NO hot coals – must be dumped in the ash pile.
* All tires regardless of the size must be put in the tire pile.
* TV’s, computers, printers, tablets etc. To be placed in the electronic bin.
Creosoted wood, railway ties, bridge timbers MUST be taken to the Richardson Dump ONLY (for a fee).
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT:
* New or used oil i.e. motor oil, hydraulic oil, etc.
* No fuel or oil tanks unless they are clean and dry.
* Paint cans/aerosol cans that have paint in them.
* Air Conditioners/appliances with Freon