Welcome to the Township of Chapple

-A +A

Next Council Meeting

Wednesday,  February 14, 2018

Starting at 9:00 a.m. in
Upstairs Meeting Room @ Municipal Office

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Planning Advisory Committee Meeting
will take place at 9:00 a.m.

Everyone is Welcome to Attend!

Fire Permits

Annual Requirement
January 1-December 31

Fire Permits are required for all burning in the Municipality of Chapple Incinerator Permits - $20/season

  •    Open Air Burning Permits $5/week.

  •   Chimemea Burn Permits - $10/year

  •   Approved Fire Pit Permit - $10/year

As per By-law No. 1621 passed on
December 13, 2016, burning is to occure no sooner than two (2) hours before sunset and extinguished two (2) hours before sunrise, or earlier.

Burning permits can be obtained at:

Chapple Municipal Office 

(807) 487-2354

Janet Johnson

(807) 482-2570

James Gibson

(807) 487-2731




 Latest Updates

Check out the Lastest Updates on the following pages:

Township Council - Agendas, By-laws, Minutes, Municipal Notices
Community - History, Newsletter
Services & Facilities - Landfill, Water Treatment Facilities
Planning & Building - Building Permits and Zoning By-law

The Municipal Office will be CLOSED
Between 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Friday, Feburary 16th, 2018
Friday, February 23rd, 2018
Monday, February 26th, 2018

Due to Limited Staff

The Chapple Municipal Office will be
Monday, February 19th, 2018
For Family Day

The Winter Vendor Blendor is taking place
at the Barwick Hall
Saturday, February 10th, 2018
Soup and lunch will be available!
To Rent a Table Register with Krista Anderson (807)275-7938
Table Rental is $15/table


Working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
should be installed on every level of your home
and outside of all sleeping quarters.


The Chapple Centennial R.V. Park located at 53 Barwick Rd. North has been permanently CLOSED and
MOVED to 150 Main Street, Barwick
(beside the Barwick Hall)

for more information, go to Attractions - Chapple Centennial RV Park

The Municipal Livestock Valuer's are

Robert Gibson (807) 487-2643
Nico Veldhuisen (807) 482-2593 or (807) 276-6860
Harold Kelly (807)482-1431 or (807) 271-2510

If you have a wolfkill that has taken place, please contact the Livestock Valuer's listed above.

To have a VALID Livestock Damages Claim you need a
Farm Business Registration #, and a Premise I.D.

DO NOT MOVE THE REMAINS before the Valuer can view the scene.

The 2017 Drinking Water Annual Report is posted under Water Treatment Facilities 
or a copy can be picked up at the Municipal Office.

Chapple Fire and Emergency Service has received their new 2017 Fire Truck.
Read up about it in the Westend Weekly, on page 6 of the January 18, 2017 Issue.